- This event has passed.
Webinar: Training and Integration of the Peer Workforce in Chicago and Suburban Cook County
August 16, 2018 @ August 16, 2018 - August 16, 2018
Thursday, August 16, 2018
- Amanda Benitez, Enlace Chicago – Behavioral Health Community Health Workers
- Denise Hardy, Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network – Whole Health Action Management (WHAM)
- Kathryn Dittemore, Illinois Dept. of Human Services, Division of Mental Health – Certified Recovery Support Specialist Toolkit
Peer support refers to practical, social, emotional, ongoing support from a person who shares a similar experience or health condition. The peer workforce can include Certified Recovery Support Specialists (CRSSs), recovery coaches, Peer Support Specialists, and Community Health Workers (CHWs) among others. The core competency of the peer workforce is the lived experience that is shared with the clients and communities they serve.
This webinar will focus on models for training, supporting, and integrating the peer workforce into various behavioral health roles.
Topics that will be covered on this webinar:
- Descriptions of peer/recovery support
- Roles for peer providers including CRSSs and Behavioral health-focused CHWs
- WHAM and how it promotes whole health among consumers of behavioral health services
- The importance of culturally-tailored programming for CHWs working at the intersection of behavioral and physical health
A recording of the webinar will be available, if you are unable to attend.